Friday, October 10, 2008

It has been 2 years! Holy crap. Pretty much nothing has happened, well except my brother going on his mission, oh and I went to Moab like 3 times, oh and I started dating someone, oh and I married that person. Other than those things its pretty much the same as always.

My wife is just plain awesome, I love her very much.

My brother is in Texas speaking the Spanish, it makes me think that Tyler will also speak Spanish as well. That would be cool.

I absolutely love the Moab. I have a blast every time I'm there.

I am finally taking classes full time. This is the first time in probably 2 years that I have taken classes full time. I'm actually taking classes that relate to my major other than just math. They are awesome.

Statics deals with the way forces act on rigid bodies. Recently in class we have been converting systems of forces into moments and consolidating all of the forces into a force and a moment. It is crazy.

Materials science is really cool. We are learning about crystal structures of metals, and how they affect the mechanical properties of the metal. Also about what defects in the crystal structure do to it. Adding defects can increase strength sounds strange but true. Groups of crystals form grains and the smaller the grain the stronger the material is. So cool.

Calculus 3 Is basically Calculus 1 (so far) but with a lot more variables. I don't think we have done anything with more than 3 variables so far, unless you count composite function then we have dealt with 6. Lots of variables.

Engineering computing = programming, with MATLAB and C++. Right now we are in MATLAB but we will be doing C++ soon. This is an ok class, but kind of boring.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I knew you had it in you!