Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summer Semester, and other school related woes.


There are many great things about summer, boating, warmth, just being able to do things outside. Summer Semester is not one of those great things.

To preface this I must say that school has always come really easy for me. For the sake of sounding prideful I will leave it at that. As a result of school being easy I never really learned to apply myself when it came to my work. I always did well in my classes and usually passed by doing well on my tests and not so much of the homework. Needless to say I never really learned my math subjects like I needed to. My first semester in college I took Calculus and got the wonderful grade of a D+ from a lack of doing homework. I will retake that after my mission I said.

In my quest for my degree in mechanical engineering I need a lot of math. I have no problem with that I enjoy math the only hitch comes from the fact that when I returned home from two years in Paraguay on my mission I couldn't remember a dang thing about math. I was required by the school to take a math placement test, which I did horrible on. So I have had to retake math 1010 and 1050. I was not planning on taking 1060 but on the counsel of my 1050 teacher I decided to retake that as well.

So here I am in the greatest months of the year working, and going to school, and trying to have a fun time with my friends. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the evenings that I have class. Luckily not too much happens on those days, Monday Wednesday and Friday being the days of choice to have fun.

While summer semester is not too bad, I am going to be in school for a long time. With class prerequisites and a lack of money I can only take two classes this fall and about as many next semester.

1 comment:

The-Doug.com said...

If you need help with Math, I passed 1050 with an A at the "U". I have no problems helping you out with stuff. At least with doing the homework. I still have most of my notes from last semester.

Let me know.