Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The weekend is as boring as you make it.

Few people actually take initiative in doing things, or deciding what to do. In a group of friends there is an ongoing struggle, the struggle of what to do. Come Friday or Saturday the group of friends begins to call or text the other friends to "see what is going on", or anyother way to say that. Most of them have no plans, maybe a few have dates but all together nothing happens. We always leave what should be done up to everyone else.

I am just as guilty as the next person when it comes to this sort of thing. As I am writing this I am trying to say that we shouldn't do this and we should take responsibility etc. but I can't reasonably expect to always have something to do.

This is really why people think that Mormons are strange, we have to do things to entertain ourselves. Sometimes we have to do things that other people wouldn't because we can't just go get drunk off our butts.

This all leads in to a comment that a non member/ person not from Utah made. He said that every house has a mini van and a truck. While that is slowly switching to SUV the comment remains the same. He also said that all of Utah goes camping all the time. I lived in Colorado for several years and I really can't remember my neighbors having too many 4 wheelers, or trailers or really trucks for that matter. But I do remember seeing them outside drinking and smoking sometimes.

Of course we go camping, what else do we have to do? The way I say that it makes drinking sound like the preferable thing to do, not so. I love all that stuff, then add on shooting, paintballing, hiking, backpacking. We use our state to the fullest extent and we do stuff all the time, I would say that is a little better than sitting around.

Anyways back to the saturday thing, I find myself wanting to do chores on sat morning because there is nothing to do. I mow the lawn, and clean stuff. That is wierd even when I am done doing those things some times I still don't have things to do. I am going to make an effort to do stuff. Like hiking or something, that is cheap. This saturday I'm going to try to get people to go.

I hope you can follow this it was kind of all over the place.

1 comment:

The-Doug.com said...

I'm with ya!

I would love to do more things but I'm a sucker for trying to make everyone happy. I'm all for hiking and camping or just going up the canyon like we did. That was fun. The slip and slide and what not. Let's just plan stuff and others will follow.

Let's do it!